Going the distance-To make a difference-Bottom line-We make WCC shine
Welcome to Washtenaw Community College’s Building Services Department. The custodial personnel provide cleaning services for approximately 716,000 square feet of the main campus facilities and the off campus Harriett Center building.
Listed below are examples of the kinds of tasks provided by the Building Services personnel.
- Clean, disinfect, and restock restrooms
- Clean, auto-scrub, strip, wax and maintain floors
- Clean, dust, and wash walls, doors, blinds, windows, interior glass and other above the floor surfaces
- Collect and remove trash, and clean trash containers
- Clean classrooms, chalkboards, erasers and restock supplies
- Participate in the paper and cardboard recycle program
- Set-up for external and internal conferences, meetings and special events, including Ironworkers and UA
- Large project cleaning during the summer and breaks
- Provide in house equipment repair
Questions concerning Building Services can be directed to:
Tammy Abbotts, Interim Manager